Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Sunday Stitchers - March - UFO Challenge #12 - Scrappy String Table Cloth

My Sunday Stitchers UFO Project #12 is my "Scrappy String Table Cloth".

It's been languishing in a box since 2020.

I had all the squares completed in August 2020 - here and I put all the rows together in September the same year.- here

Joining the squares into rows was relatively easy - each block is only 6.5"...but the idea of joining the rows together at a retreat did not appeal, so it was "put away".

But having added it to the SS Challenge list - it had to be done.....or at least worked on.

This is the strippy blocks side - the side I will use the most I think.


The backing squares are leftovers from a quilt I finished in 2013 - 
here - featuring large floral prints.
It took a bit of planning to create a plan for them. (I am not a fan of mish-mashed scrappy.)


This will be great to have on the table when I have various groups over for a sewing day.

and since I still had some leftover fabrics, I made 2 Scrappy buckets and 6 coasters.

BUT I still have more...a few strippy blocks and some fabric...mostly about 4" wide..... need a plan.....


10 comments:

dq said...

Wow - a surprise on the back, or is it the front...
I love how reversible this quilt is - very clever!

Helenchaffin said...

Both sides are beautiful! I like how you separated the the blocks with the black strips

Jeanna said...

I like both sides. This is a nice reversible quilt that will allow you to change things up when the mood strikes. The buckets and coasters from the leftovers are very clever ideas.

Michelle Ridgway said...

So lovely and the back is such a pretty surprise x

Maria said...

Good on you getting the blocks together and also making the extra projects..

Janice said...

It must feel good to finally have this finished and be able to use it.

Lin said...

I love that this is reversible and I love both sides too. Great use of the scraps and I am sure you will come upo with something for those final pieces. xx

Fiona said...

I love both sides...
Hugz

loulee said...

What a lovely finish.

Chookyblue...... said...

Depends what mood your in for which side your will choose......I like both also.......
Good use of the left overs.....