Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Mug & Bag & Mug Bag & Mug Rug & Coaster & Pincushion & Zippy Pouch - January Finishes

When I was at Warwick last November for a retreat - we all visited Warwick Garden Centre - we go for the food and the gift shop. (the plants are lovely...but not on my shopping list.)

I spied a really lovely mug.  No idea why I thought I needed a new mug - maybe because Glenrose no long supplies "pretty mugs" and I felt deprived . . .???



Anyway I bought it - with plans for it to be my mug that I take to Sunday Stitchers Meetings .......so then I thought I better have a new bag for SS meetings, and a mug rug and a coaster and a mug bag and I may as well add a thread catcher and a small pin cushion . . . (yes, Miss Matchy Matchy).

UPDATE:  I made a zippy pouch too - couldn't resist!!!...I've still got a bit of fabric to go . . 




For the Sunday Stitchers UFO Challenge this year - I am doing it a bit differently... I have some things that I need to finish by certain dates - so rather than give them numbers (and change them around when the wrong number is drawn...), I am listing my projects by months.

This is my January UFO.

15 comments:

Janice said...

It is a pretty mug and your new coordinating ensemble will make your section if the table “best dressed”. They turned your beautifully.

Maria said...

Lovely mug and you’ve make a beautiful set to go with it for your Sunday Stitchers GTGs...

ButterZ said...

Great idea

Lin said...

The mug is gorgeous - I can see why you fell in love. Great matching set for \ss too. xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gorgeous set Susan....we'll all be jealous lol!

Karen's Korner said...

Pretty mug and matching SS set to go with it. Nice work.

Fiona said...

I love all your matchy matchy and such a pretty mug.. there is nothing better than tea or coffee from a pretty mug...
Hugz

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

So lovely xx

kiwikid said...

Beautiful mug and wonderful set.

Sandi said...

I can totally relate with liking items to match. :)

jude's page said...

Love the mug and your matchy matchy look like a fantastic set, well done.

Helen said...

What a great idea. Makes a beautiful set.

Bethan said...

Really lovely set; and we always need new mugs, especially when they're so pretty x

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

What a lovely set! Perfect to take along to sit and sews xx

Chookyblue...... said...

I'm a bit best with my mugs.... I be collection at home and work.. They need to fit a criteria to even get purchased....they have a meaning as to why I brought then... Ie from the pictures..... Yours is lovely..... Great idea to make the mug bag and collection etc