Monday, July 17, 2023

Blue and Cream Quilt #3

Many years ago I bought some border prints and matching fabrics.  I have no idea now how much I bought, but I made quilts for two friends and still had left-overs.
I made the first two in 2010 & 2011 and gifted them.

Then in 2020, I made another good sized quilt and in 2021 I used up the rest of the fabrics and made a small one.
But both have been sitting in the pile since then.

The pattern was simple - cut the border fabric into 6.5" squares and cut the other fabrics into various shapes such as 2.5" squares, 3.5" squares, 2.5 x 6.5 rectangles, 3.5 x 6.5 rectangles - any shape that can be matched with something else to make a 6.5" square.
Then put it all together. (easy enough)
Then quilt it (UGH)

I thought it was time to start using the embroidery part of my machine to quilt.  (The reason for buying this machine was that I could quilt some quilts...mmm...)
So, I went to a class and have now machine quilted this one.

This is the pattern I selected


and the finished quilt:


This one will go to the DV Charity Quilt collection.

Just the small one to go now . . .I have bought some fabric for a border, but it needs some additional blocks to make it a good size.



4 comments:

Lin said...

Lovely colours Susan and very nice quilting. xx

Jeanna said...

Oh what a very nice quilt. I had an embroidery machine but never used it for quilting. I'd like to replace it someday.

Fiona said...

woohoo.... that quilting looks great. Excellent idea using the embroidery machine....
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

well done on finishing the quilting..........I do like the fabrics......so soft and pretty......