Thursday, December 23, 2021

Happy Scrappy Village - SIMS Challenge

A while back I saw a quilt hanging in Quilt Craft at Toowoomba - and being the lover of - oops 'sucker for' - houses and buildings generally - I bought the pattern.  When I showed it to my SIMS group - we all decided we "needed" to make it...and the "challenge" began.


We decided we would select 3 fabrics each and give a square to each other - the aim being that we would have a little bit of each person in our quilts.

In January this year - I can see I was working on it...and we had a self-imposed deadline to have it finished - quilted etc - by December 2021.
I made it by the skin of my teeth.  (So what's new?)

Here is mine 

I grouped the houses I made from the fabrics given to me and mine - in the middle.
From top: - Maureen, Inca, me, Sue

On our Show & Tell day - we arranged them so we could see a section of each.


All the same - but all different!

Good to tick this one off the list - 
though I have plans to add some more quilting (and a label??)





13 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love your house quilt. They all look lovely & very different. Hugs, xx

Janice said...

What a great group project. It is always fun seeing different interpretations of the same design.

kiwikid said...

Love your house quilts, well done to get it all finished. As Janice says it is great to see how each quilt comes out with different interpretations and colour choices.

Maria said...

Love your Scrappy Houses… What a fun challenge to do…
Nice photo of the four together….look great….

Raewyn said...

I love it! I can see why you wre taken with the pattern. What a neat idea to share some of your fabrics with each other. Well done on the finish. Oh and cool 'group' photo.

Lin said...

Thats a great scrappy project Sue, and a lovely one to share with friends. xx

Fiona said...

All lovely versions.... great use of scraps
Hugz

Sandi said...

Brilliant - love them - I love the way you showcased them together.. well done 🌟🌟🌟

Susan said...

Wow well done and very pretty. Have a great blessed Christmas!!!!

Jeanna said...

Congratulations on getting another finish in before the end of 2021!

Chookyblue...... said...

what a fun quilt with all the happy houses and congrats on making the deadline........

Michelle Ridgway said...

Ah! Those pesky gotta make projects lol! Its a lovely quilt and always so nice to have a piece of friends in our quilts xx

dq said...

I love these quilts and their stories so much!!!