Thursday, April 11, 2024

Stay At Home Scrub Stitchin' (aka Claytons Scrub Stitchin') - Day 2

Thursday

Not a very productive day for me.

In the morning I met a bunch of "new-to-me" ladies - mostly they do machine embroidery things - but they also do quilts and other crafty stuff.

It was a lovely morning so will probably continue meeting up when I can.

By the time I got home - there was only a small gap of time until I needed to go to my hair cutting appointment...so I "faffed" around as you do...emails and checking blogs etc and ate lunch.

Tonight - not a lot - I traced the fusible webbing and fabrics for a mini quilt that I need to make soon....(deadlines!!!!)


and then I cut the fabrics for the April block of a Murder Mystery quilt that I somehow got "enabled" into . . .


Tomorrow, bestie Maureen is coming for a visit -  she had invited me to her place - but we are a one-car family at the moment, so I had to re-nig and instead she "invited herself over".  So, I am going to put her to work and we will pin 3 small baby quilts......It's much more fun with two.... or more!


I know the SS girls will be well and truly settled in now (after a bit of a mishap at the start) and it's great to read Chooky's post.


7 comments:

Jeanna said...

You got a bit of craftiness in on Day 2. Hope you have a nice visit with Maureen. Thanks for the link to Chooky's post...I've seen her name mentioned on a few Aussie blogs but never visited...until now. I'll let her know you sent me :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

You've been busy. Nice to make new friends. Glad you didn't have to forgo your sewing day with Maureen x

Lin said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day, always good to meet new friends and a hair cut is a great pick-me-up. Have fun today (although it will probably be tomorrow for you by the time you read this) xx

loulee said...

I'm sure the real scrub stitchers girls are doing some faffing around too. LOL I've done a bit of faffing around today too.

dq said...

I think it great that Maureen invited herself over so you two could enjoy a project or two.
I hope Brenda gets feeling better soon after her spill - crazy mishap.

Chookyblue...... said...

You know you're supposed to get your hair done before SS!!!
For a quiet day you pottered and got some stuff done.... Well done......

Janice said...

You achieved about as much as me in Thursday. LOL. I didn’t stitch a stitch until after morning tea……. Nea’s scones ………just saying. Having Maureen over was kind of like a little retreat and nice that you got to meet some more stitching ladies. Still social.