Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Chookshed Stitchers 2024 Challenge - #7 - Placemats for Meals on Wheels

This was a pretty open-ended project...Placemats...I didn't specify how many....so it was easy to reach my goal...LOL

I did need to finish off these 4 that were started in a LQS workshop - giving us 4 ways to add binding.  I picked up a few tips - shared a tip with the instructor (LOL) and finally finished them.
I had done the poped/flanged binding before...but I make the contrast narrower. (Kits were provided with strip cut etc).  The one I had not tried before was the blue one - where you bring the backing over to the front to form a frame.  Good for placemats and wall hangings.  Not sure I would do it for a quilt...but at least I have the technique now.

Then I raided the bag where I had pieces cut, partly made placemats etc.  I dedicated about 2 days to the task and got 10 of the yellow/florally ones done - I still have more of that fabric..cut to size ready to go - but I want to get some backing fabric for those.
In the "Placemats' box, I also found some blocks that came from a lady who had passed away. There was no pattern or additional fabric with these blocks, so I put them aside for placemats.  I lost some of the points, but the colours are good - especially for men.


So Project #7 can be ticked as "DONE".
If we do the Challenge again in 2025, I will make "Placemats for Meals on Wheels" one of my items.  I still have a bit in that box!

Thanks Deana for suggesting this challenge - it has really helped move some things along the line....one project to go...guess we don't need to "wonder" what that will be . . . .LOL😁

6 comments:

Maria said...

You did a fabulous job making all those placemats for your challenge and also moved along some UFOs…..

kiwikid said...

Well done Susan they look fantastic! So good to get some UFO's moving along as Maria says!!

Lin said...

They do look splendid and what a lot you made! xx

loulee said...

Great job, you definitely fulfilled the challenge.

Jeanna said...

Oh I love those placemats. Congratulations on reaching your goal!

Karen's Korner said...

Pretty and practical. What great gifts for the meal recipients.