Friday, April 21, 2023

Scrub Stitchin' - Make It, Bake It, Fake It Swap

Every year at Scrub Stitching there is an optional Make It, Bake It, Fake It Swap.

I like to Make It and as we are all sewers, I usually chose a sewing "thing".

I saw this design recently on a machine embroidery site and thought "This is it!!"
Of course, I added a matchy-matchy item - a pincushion.
I also included some Cottage Garden Thread and a small pair of scissors.

On the back I used the decorative stitches on my machine to add some stars, the words "Happy Sewing" and some machines.


It went to Chooky......😀



I received this lovely scissor fob, (aka doo-dad, dingly dangley thing) from Pat.
Lucky me as it was wrapped in a purple ribbon and has purply beads.


For now, I have it hanging in my room - waiting to decide where I will use it.

It was a fun swap - some Aussie themed gifts, mostly hand made.
And no "Bake It" gifts.




9 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Susan wow your gift is gorgeous love the work that you put into it ,it made it stunning well done ,enjoy your doo dad lol 🌹🤍🌹

kiwikid said...

Your gift is lovely Susan, it was a great swap this year, once again. I have a Doo dad too, mine is blue, Pat is so clever.

loulee said...

It was a fun swap and lovely to see what everyone had made. Lucky Chooky.

ButterZ said...

Lots of good ideas/gifts were shared

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

You are so talented! That is an amazing bag and your "doo-dad" is really lovely too!

Lin said...

Lovely gifts. xx

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I love my sewing bag and pincushion......that colourful zip is super cool....the embroidery is pretty cool on it.......thanks heaps.....

dq said...

I attached mine to my snippers as I don't want anyone at this week's retreat to think they are theirs. We have so many matching tools in the quilt world.

I love the decorative stitches and their wonderful colors look so nice on black.

Janice said...

What a cute pouch and nice scissor fob.