Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Esk Retreat - Zippy Pouch Swap

At the Esk retreat last year (at Twilight2Twilight) - we decided for 2023 that we would make a swap present - we wrote our name and fabric choices on a piece of paper and we each drew a name.

My giftee was Tracey B (there are two Traceys in a group of 6!!!) and she noted: "Lori Holt, Kaffe, Bright".

I went with Kaffe Fasset.
I added a matching pincushion.

It's a long story - the recipient ended up being Donna 
and she also loves bright & colourful.
She was very happy with her pouch.

My swap partner was Maureen and she made me this lovely pouch.

Plenty of room for a project - it's long but easily folds over - and the pattern can sit in the clear pouch so I know what is inside. . .

And, it just so happens to match a needlebook that she gifted to me in our Christmas Advent Swap . . . funny coincidence......or not.

She also included the left over fabric, so I can make something else that matches!


Thanks to all the girls for making this a fun swap.

I will do a separate post about what I sewed.


11 comments:

Maria said...

Lovely gifts , both made and received.

Lin said...

Nice swaps. xx

Jeanna said...

What a fun swap. The vinyl front bags are great.

Karen's Korner said...

Those see through pouches are my to do list....they are a great idea both for gifts and to keep.

Cheryll said...

Ohhhh nice gifts.... & a great idea for a "swap"...xox

Fiona said...

great swapping...
Hugz

Pink Rose said...

Hi Susan what lovely gifts I love that you have a lovely set from Maureen now,love your pouch ,lots of fun with these swaps 🌹🤍🌹

kiwikid said...

Great ideas for a swap.

Janice said...

That’s a great swap theme and nice to receive some direction as to what the recipient would like. Very nice that your pouch matches the needle book.

Chookyblue...... said...

Great swaps......

Sandi said...

Love your Kaffe zippy pouch - fabulous colours...xx