Sunday, June 21, 2020

Blog Row Quilt

Quite a while ago - in the Blog group that met on Sundays back then, we were encouraged to do a row quilt.  Those of us participating made a row for our own quilt, packed a bag with some fabrics that we wanted to be included or used as a guide to other fabrics that could be used.

Our first row had to be flowers. (it ended up as the bottom row)

Each row needed to be added to the quilt and finished by the next monthly meeting and was passed to the next person (hidden in the paper bag so there was no peeping...!!!).

We had rows for: Stars, Hearts, Circles, Pin wheels, Baskets & Hexagons.(I no longer remember the order of the rows - I have since re organised them.)  It got a bit challenging as our rows were 5" finished ...tricky if you are trying to use standard blocks . . .LOL
Once we collected out quilt tops - in the paper bag....we had to add an embroidery/stitchery row.

For my final embroidery row - I added a "header" - with the wording 'Sunday Stitching with Friends'  and I added the name of each person in the challenge and a symbol to represent the row they made - I'm very grateful . . now . . .that I did that as I would never have remembered.

By December 2014 we had finished our rows....One person had theirs quilted...There's always one high achiever!!!!.

I posted it here:

I know 2 people who have since finished.


I added it to my Sunday Stitchers UFO Challenge List for 2020 - so it's all done now.
When it was discovered that the project for June (#11) was the Row Quilt  - one other participant in the original row quilt challenge decided she would work on hers too.  She did do some work but didn't get to finishing it.


it's done!



That Challenge List is so good.  Without it - it would still be sitting in the UFO box - now after its initial showing - it will probably sit in the "Done" pile!!!

Notes:
Cosmo Seasons 8006 / CGT #400 -Heliotrope


14 comments:

Raewyn said...

What a fun 'round robin' idea - well done on finishing your quilt - it looks great! And brilliant idea to include everyone's name - and row - in your row :-)

Karen's Korner said...

That is far too pretty to sit as a UFO. Well done on getting it finished.

Fiona said...

Its such a lovely happy quilt, I love how they just 'work' when different people add to it.... great finish...
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Well done on the finish, it is a lovely quilt.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done! A lovely remembrance of those who worked on your quilt with the embroidery.

Helen said...

Wonderful finish, so many lovely memories sewn with every stitch.

jude's page said...

A great quilt of memories, good to be finished. I have a list, but it's mostly in the head, and often changes.

Maria said...

Such a great happy finish..
I have a Row By Row that was made by our Patch ladies and I love it.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

So pretty!!! I love the colors you've used! xx

Cheryll said...

That was a great challenge...& turned out wonderfully.
The names on the top is a perfect memory too...
Fantastic... xox

dq said...

Huge huge fan of row quilts in general and a huge fan of this one! It sounds so so fun!

Bethan said...

That is such a great idea! It's given you such a varied but coordinated quilt. Was this what we got a sneak peek of in your previous post? x

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh it wonderful Susan....... Must make a row quilt one day......

ROSELINE DAVIDSON said...









i couldn't believe that i would ever be re-unite with my ex-lover, i was so traumatize staying all alone with no body to stay by me and to be with me, but i was so lucky one certain day to meet this powerful spell caster Dr Akhere,after telling him about my situation he did everything humanly possible to see that my lover come back to me,indeed after casting the spell my ex-lover came back to me less than 48 hours,my ex-lover came back begging me that he will never leave me again,3 months later we got engaged and married,if you are having this same situation just contact Dr Akhere on his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com thanks very much sir for restoring my ex-lover back to me,his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call/whatsapp:+2349057261346












































































































































































hindi ako makapaniwala na kailanman ay muling makiisa ako sa aking kasintahan, labis akong na-trauma sa pananatiling nag-iisa na walang katawan na manatili sa akin at makakasama ko, ngunit napakasuwerte ako sa isang tiyak na araw upang matugunan ito malakas na spell caster na si Dr Akhere, matapos sabihin sa kanya ang tungkol sa aking sitwasyon ginawa niya ang lahat ng makataong posible upang makita na ang aking kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin, sa katunayan matapos na ihagis ang spell ang aking dating kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin ng mas mababa sa 48 oras, dumating ang dating kasintahan ko. bumalik sa pagmamakaawa sa akin na hindi na niya ako pababayaan, 3 buwan mamaya kami ay nakipag-ugnay at nag-asawa, kung nagkakaroon ka ng parehong sitwasyong ito makipag-ugnay lamang kay Dr Akhere sa kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com maraming salamat sa sir sa pagpapanumbalik ng aking dating kasintahan bumalik sa akin, ang kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com o tumawag / whatsapp: +2349057261346