Monday, May 13, 2024

Two Baby Quilts and Six Taggies

When DD2's partner's cousins have babies, I make a quilt for them, and a taggie.

I use the same pattern each time.  It's easy, its one width of backing fabric and although I buy the two border fabrics, I can usually get the "coins" out of the stash.

This is the one for Josh & Maddie

This is the one for Alana & Liam

I also make taggies - so that was two to make - but recently one of the couples in our playgroup (Children are now 30++,  but we still catch up occasionally) has recently become grandparents to a boy from their second daughter, but the eldest daughter is due with twin boys this month.  So - 5 taggies needed.  And a friend is expecting a new great grand baby, so I made one for her too.




Even though "Frugal" is not my word for the year, I economised and used what I had...so tey are all flannelette (no minkee) and some are smaller (approx 10" square) instead of the usual 12"  square.

5 comments:

Lin said...

A nice simple design Susan and the quilting adds an extra dimension. Any idea how many you may have made? xx

Chookyblue...... said...

your just a whiz at these sorts of gifts.........

Maria said...

Great pattern for using up stash and making great baby gifts.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such lovely gifts. This pattern makes a great quilt x

loulee said...

Great baby quilts. Simple and versatile.