Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Chookshed Stitchers 2024 Challenge - #9

I chose "Stitch Happens" as my #9 project.

This project came about after some "enabling" friends (and I) planned to make "Sew Big or Go Home".

That quilt works out as 63" x 71".   Where would I put it???

A few of us decided not to proceed...LOL

"Stitch Happens" is smaller - only 37" x 40".
The pattern is here.....cause ...you know.... you might want to make it too....


It is pretty much - "work out what colours you want where"....and as I say - patterns are just a guide.

So I started with this idea

The aqua background, dark aqua, grey and coral fabrics were purchased with "Sew Big" in mind, so I used them as the base for the colour selections.

It ended up like this:

I had thought it might get quilted before month end . . .but  . . . .nope!

14 comments:

Laura said...

Super cute! I love everything about it! :)

kiwikid said...

That looks amazing, well done for persevering with it!

Lin said...

Very nice Susan - love your colours. xx

Helenchaffin said...

How cute! I luv it!

Denice Barker said...

Cute! Love what the flying geese represent

Maria said...

So good you persevered , looks great!

Kim said...

Your perseverance has paid off wonderfully! Love your sewing machine; it's delightful!

Jenny said...

Wonderful, just right to hang in your sewing room.

Narelle said...

Wow! It looks so good ... very clever x

Jeanette said...

Very nice. Love your fabrics.

Karen's Korner said...

Nice work....love the variegated thread.

Fiona said...

I love how you did yours..... and thanks for the link. It is still a good size - and your version has worked out great...
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

It's a cool big machine..... Not sure I would make the extra big one though..... Like you say you need to have somewhere to put it......

Jenny said...

Can’t wait to see this one