Friday, April 12, 2024

Stay At Home Scrub Stitchin' (aka Claytons Scrub Stitchin') - Day 3

Friday


Maureen arrived...ready for me to ut her to work!!! :LOL

But first - coffee and a chat

We then pinned the quilts.  Each one fits comfortably on a single width of fabric and each one is about 50" long....the pin box is emptier for now.


We had a well deserved toasted chicken, cheese tomato Turkish bread sandwich and a cold drink for lunch..

And then onto our own sewing.  Maureen worked on a Civil War Bride block and I did some stitchery.
And continued on with that tonight.




I have to go to bed early.
SOMEONE expects me to be awake,wild eyed and bushy tailed by 6 AM...(UGH)

Although I need to be "domestic" and "grandmotherly" tomorrow - I do still hope to get some sewing done....and get ready for the special dinner.

Tomorrow may produce a Foundation Pieced Leaf...stay tuned.

Hope everyone is having a ball, a glass or two and getting some sewing done.




6 comments:

Maria said...

Sounds like a good day.

Jeanna said...

You and Maureen were very productive. Love your stitchery!

loulee said...

Looks like you and Maureen had a good day.
It was good to see you wide eyed and busy tailed in Zoom this morning. LOL I wasn't feeling so bushy tailed myself.

dq said...

Nice visit with you. You looked absolutely perfectly made up like, no way you were up early and that beautiful. You were though.
It was fun to visit Baradine and get a tour.
Your stitching is so pretty and what a sweet message.

Lin said...

Sounds like a nice friendly happy productive day! Sorry I missed out on the zoom (again) didnt find the invite until I just opened up this morning. Hope you have a good Saturday. xx

Chookyblue...... said...

You did great getting those quilts basted..... Nice to have Maureen over to sew together.......