Friday, September 18, 2020

FNSI - September

Wendy has very graciously organised for us to gather to sew and share our fun with all, whilst she is focused on her husband who is in hospital and hopefully doing well.

I got a FriDaySewIn- I am on retreat - yes - again!!!   This is my third retreat in about a month - that is very greedy -isn't it??? - considering many of you are in isolation or are subject to some serious restrictions.

We have a few restrictions - no shared food, everyone has their own shower & toilet - although in a shared bathroom, tables separated a bit more than normal....but that is not holding us back.

I'm only here sewing for 3 days and took a limited amount of projects to do.

Tonight I worked on this. - My Stringalong blocks which will become a colourful table cloth.

I've  decided to leave it like this for now and will do the horizontal strips at home.

I hope you are all doing OK in this strange world.  Sewing does keep us sane and - for me - is a great escape from "all that other stuff".

Thanks Wendy - I do hope Mr B is progressing well.  Sending you many hugs & lots of strength.






13 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Lucky you. Great scrap busting project.

Cheryll said...

Oh yes lucky lucky you...fingers crossed I still have 1 retreat coming up next month...xxx
Great progress on your table cloth...it will be fantastic...gotta LoVe strings.
EnJoY xox

kiwikid said...

Wonderful you could get away, the string blocks look wonderful, will make an amazing tablecloth.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Good for you.....and love your blocks also x

Lin said...

Glad you could get away again - your blocks look fantastic. xx

ButterZ said...

How nice to be able to get away.

Maria said...

Good to see you are enjoying another retreat. Great to relax and sew...
Loving your colourful strings.....

jude's page said...

Good that you can get to retreats, and I do love string quilts, they are a great way to use up fabrics that you wouldn't put anywhere else!

Susie H said...

I don't consider it greedy that you're on your 3rd recent retreat. I call that taking full advantage of a bad situation and making it good. Love the table cloth. All the color is wonderful!

Fiona said...

the string blocks look great.... hope you had a good time...
Hugz

Jeanette said...

Your string blocks look lovely. Hugs, xx

dq said...

Too bad I missed the sew in. I have been busy on the weekends.

Your scrappy "strings" are so fun and will be such a loved quilt!

Glad you could fit in a little retreat. They sooth our souls!

Janice said...

Lucky you to go to so many retreats, says she who keeps going away in her caravan. LOL. Don’t your string blocks look fantastic when they are all laid out. It will be great when finished.