Thursday, May 11, 2023

SIMS Birthdays 2023

Our little SIMS group (Susan Inca Maureen & Sue) meets monthly and do Birthdays by going out for lunch and giving a small gift.

This year we decided we would each make a postcard using "Nature" as the theme.

Inca originally comes from Holland - so I decided to stick with the Dutch theme and use Tulips on my postcard to her.




The tulips are a machine embroidery applique design and I found a postcard machine embroidery design.  I was hoping for a lovely edge to finish off my postcard, so was a bit disappointed that it's a blanket stitch...but I wanted to try it anyway.  I was not overly impressed with the design file, nor with the instructions...but I learnt stuff and overall I'm happy with it.

 Giving Inca her gift was delayed somewhat - but it has now been safely delivered.




12 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

A pretty "garden bed" of tulips.

loulee said...

Learning is all part of the fun.

Fiona said...

lovely way to celebrate birthdays.... and I love the card...
Hugz

Lin said...

Very nicely done susan. I love the tulips and the grass is a great touch. xx

Helenchaffin said...

what a beautiful birthday tradition ,love the tuplips podtcard

Janice said...

That’s a great idea for a gift. I love the simple, clean tulip design.

dq said...

When I think of Holland I always think of tulips. I bet she loved it!
Is the Sue in your little group our Sue in the zoom and Scrub Stitchin' group. If so, I didn't realize you lived near her.

Maria said...

Loving the Tulip Post Card.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh the tulips are lovely and a nice nod to Incas heritage xx

kiwikid said...

Gorgeous postcard, perfect for the recipient.

Sunday stitchers said...

Thank you Susan, I love my postcard.

Chookyblue...... said...

Cute postcard