Saturday, July 21, 2018

FNSI - July

I did do some sewing stuff on Friday night - bits & pieces...mostly not picture worthy.

I did finish off a new scrap bucket and needle folder - nothing special - but it's now stashed away in the matching zippy pouch.


I will be on retreat soon (did I hear someone say 20 sleeps????) and I plan to do a lot of machine blanket stitch applique - so I thought I'd prepare some samples of the different stitches and test the threads - deciding if I need stabilizer as well (I've decided no on that issue).

So, nothing much to show...a few secret bits & pieces happening......

Thanks Wendy as always....great to have the incentive to sew and then to blog.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

The scrap bucket and needle folder are really sweet.

Susie H said...

Your scrap bucket is nice but I'm really impressed by your buttonhole stitch sampler. Your will truly be ready to sew when you get to your retreat! So smart!

Maria said...

Nice to stitched your little bucket and needle keep.
It's good make a sample of your blanket stitch.

Raewyn said...

Well done on gtting some sewing time. Cute little scrap bucket and needlecase. Lucky you having retreat to look forward to :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

Cute set....... Blink and you will be on retreat.......

Jeanette said...

Cute little bucket & needle keep. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

those little scrap buckets are always so useful... and so are needlecases…. good idea to test out the different stiches.... fun to come ...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan beautiful work my friend,well done ,hope you have a lovely Sunday xx

retdairyqueen said...

What a great little set. Iam new to blanket stitch applique on the machine Have always loved hand stitching, but the new sticky stuff is so stiff Iam now doing machine stitching

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely little set Susan. Those bits and pieces can add up to a lot x

Janice said...

Cute finishes and what a great idea to have a sampler of your appliqué stitch settings. I just use the one setting so pretty much have in memory.

Helen said...

Lovely bucket and needle keep.


Bethan said...

The scrap bucket and needle pouch are so lovely! I like the material you have used for them x

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Great idea to do the sample up before you go on retreat - you are so organized!! xx