Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Baby Quilt

I have posted a few pictures of this quilt in its various stages but it is finished now and handed over to the owner.

I have made this for one of my work colleagues who became a grandmother for the first time only a month or so earlier than me - sadly for her - her grandchild is in the UK!!!


When discussing colours - she initially suggested "ice pink"....I suggested to her - that it might be easier if she visited a patchwork shop and looked at fabrics - I gave her an idea of how much to buy etc - and notes about the pattern I would be using (I had shown her a few samples) - and I did expect the people running the shop would give her some help - they didn't!!!...but she decided on the fabrics. 
I must admit when I first saw them I was a bit "Oh...mmm....", but the more I worked on it - the more I liked it.   Maybe I will get her to pick fabrics for me ...???


I do hope she and her daughter like it.



7 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

It looks good.... Very kind of you to make it for her.....

Fiona said...

Lovely quilt and so nice that you made it for her... she did well witht he fabrics - its not always easy to choose...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

It is such a happy quilt Susan and it looks beautiful in real life....well done! Its sure to be loved xx

kiwikid said...

I am sure it will be much loved Susan, it is a beautiful quilt and beautifully made.

Maria said...

I think she did a great job of picking the fabrics as it made up a fabulous baby quilt.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

It's really pretty and I am sure it will be loved! xx

Jen said...

The fabrics look great together. Not a good thing when the shop assistant didn't help her, I thought that is what they are there for.