Thursday, October 27, 2022

Milo's Quilt

DD1 requested Australian-themed fabric for her #2 baby - she chose the fabrics - during a lengthy phone conversation in Spotlight late one afternoon . . . and then chose the grey - again by a phone conversation in another shop.I added the coloured cornerstones.

I had some Australian animals digitised so I could use my embroidery machine to quilt the blocks and sewed a simple wavy line in the rest of it.

It has now been safely delivered to DD1 The family is in Townsville and I am in Brisbane.  (Didn't want to trust the postal system . . in case)

I should have swapped one of the lights and one of the blues - 
but in real life its isn't this obvious.

trying to show the Aussie animals quilting







9 comments:

Denice Barker said...

What a sweet quilt for a baby! A little like an I Spy with the animals.

loulee said...

Such a cute quilt.

Jeanette said...

The quilt is very cute.

Karen's Korner said...

What would we do without our mobile photos. Very cute and you met the brief beautifully.

Lin said...

It's gorgeous and those little pops of colour in the cornerstones really sing. xx

jude's page said...

Lovely quilt Susan, and great idea with the quilting! Reminds me I have only 2 weeks to make a baby quilt, might just be a bit late getting that done.

Janice said...

Perfect for a new little Aussie

Chookyblue...... said...

Its a lovely quilt.......

dq said...

Those fabrics will be fun for the baby.