So, of course, I had to make quilts for each. We have always know the second one was a boy - I saw the ultrasound pic - there is absolutely no doubt about that one - LOL - the other was was an "unknown" - and now we know it is also a boy. It will be lovely for them to grow up together as the whole family is very close.
I have tried to use some of what I already have - but I did buy the orange in both of these and the borders.
This largely made from left overs from a quilt that Maureen made for my eldest daughter when she had little Luka. I was able to buy a few more to add to the collection.
For the backing I chose this fun print.
The dad is fond of Tonka trucks and I was able to source some fabric with the trucks on it.. And I couldn't resist the other truck fabric
The couple also have 2 dogs, so I thought this backing was great.
I originally made 3 of these as gifts in 2015 (here) for various people and didn't quite get around to making one for me.
There is a bit more happening here . . . .but I don't think there will be any more January finishes.