Saturday, January 27, 2024

Chookshed Stitchers 2024 Challenge - #6 - Maureen's Bag/Wallet

When the Chookshed Stitchers talked about this challenge - a few decided that Project #6 (the first number drawn) should be the bag that was the project at Scrub Stitchin' 2023.  When I wrote up/revised my list, I thought I should concentrate on the things that needed to be done - rather than the "want to do" projects, so I substituted a bag that I had promised to make for bestie Maureen.
She saw a wallet at a craft  show. . . ."I can make that for you"  I said.
She provided the fabrics and zips etc . . . .

😛


It is a machine embroidery design - so you make each section using the embroidery machine and then put it together using a normal sewing machine. It's a Sweet Pea design and they kindly provide videos to show you how to do it . . well how the very expert sewer does it.
The guy making it in the video referred to is as a"substantial" project - especially when turning it back the right way . . .I think he meant "challenging:...LOL.   He also mentioned that a particular bit may produce "some vocabulary".   It did ...and two broken needles.

Anyway, every day is a learning day, and I doubt very much if I will make another one.  Maureen suggested a strap for it too - so we will discuss that and see how it could work.





Happy to be on time for the Chookshed Challange . . . 
wonder what the next number will be???

14 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

its just beautiful and I am sure your bestie will appreciate the effort.......maybe not the colourful language.......LOL.........
well done on meeting the monthly challenge.......

Maria said...

That’s a fantastic bag and well done on completing #6 for the challenge.

Denice Barker said...

Yay! It's beautiful ... and finished!!!

dq said...

You are a great story teller making a sewing project story rather interesting!
I love this bag so much! Privided you won't be doing it again, I suppose you won't be making yourself one.

Lin said...

What a beautiful bag! Challenging huh - is that piping on the flap? Looks like a lot of layers in places to sew. Anyway you have done a brilliant job. xx

Laura said...

It does indeed look like a challenge, but you have risen to the challenge and created one very cute wallet! Good for you! :)

kiwikid said...

Congratulations!! Well done on the finish, it is beautiful.

loulee said...

That is a very sweet bag, I'm sure your friend will be delighted with it. Great to see you on zoom.

Jenny said...

Such a beautiful bag you have made for your friend.

Narelle said...

That's a great looking little bag ... well done on #6 finish.

Jo said...

Lovely bag. Well done with finishing it

Janice said...

You’re a better person than me to tackle something like that. Despite the difficulties, it has turned out beautifully and I’m sure Maureen is thrilled with it.

Maureenclare02@gmail.com said...

Here I am, the lucky bestie. Thanks Susan I love love it. Perfect size and even without a strap I will use it as I am a clutch person user. Inside pockets are a bonus too for when I travel light and don't want to take my bulky wallet. Perfect.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colours along with plenty of room.