Thursday, September 28, 2023

Retreat at Glenrose with the Gypsys

I took one for the team - a friend was one person short to make the minimum number of guests at Glenrose, so I helped out by attending..   Sounds like I am doing someone a favour...

I made this little quilt - it's only 10" square.  My rainbow collection from last FNSI worked out OK. 

I managed one crumb block in between other projects.  Made from leftovers from projects I and the others were working on.


I had planned on my last two houses for My Kinda Town - I had sorted the fabrics, labelled them, added notes . . .and I took the pattern - but I had forgotten to copy onto newsprint paper.  So I re packed it for another time...   😞

Instead I put 42 string blocks together - the blocks were made by Nor and cut by Lynda


I made the rows for the black red & white string blocks that I have been making over the last few months. but ran out of time to finish it off.


We had a "Mystery Project".  All 6 of us made a bag:


I made a few other small things - but it's "Secret Squirrel" stuff.  So in a later post.

I had a great time - all very late nights (~ 1:00 AM finishes).
Thankyou so much Alison for inviting me!

9 comments:

Jeanna said...

Yfou are such a good friend! LOL I love seeing all of your projects. The red and black strings quilt is stunning in those colors. Do you sew your crumb blocks on any sort of foundation?

Karen's Korner said...

How very kind of you to fill in at a retreat!!!! LOL. Love your mini quilt and great progress on your string blocks.

Fiona said...

Very noble of you to take one for the team.... it was a productive time...
Hugz

ButterZ said...

I’m glad your arm was twisted and you helped out. Nice scrap quilts

Lin said...

Easily led I would say! A productive time as usual and I love the colourful sewing machine. xx

loulee said...

The things we do for friends! Looks like a productive time was had. Love that sewing machine block.

Janice said...

What a struggle it must have been to go along. I love your sewing machine block. The bags look interesting.

kiwikid said...

Well done you to make the sacrifice!! Lol!! Fantastic sewing machine block. Great scrap blocks and string quilts, I like how they are all different. Great bags you all made.

jude's page said...

How could you refuse to help out by going to a retreat!!?