Saturday, April 13, 2024

Stay At Home Scrub Stitchin' (aka Claytons Scrub Stitchin') - Day 4

Saturday


An early start for me....Chooky called an impromptu Zoom meeting for 6AM.  I think my attendance was compulsory...So, up at 5 AM to shower and wake up...LOL

I made a strong cup of coffee and happily chatted to friends and saw some of the projects they have been working on.

So, what did I do on my Claytons retreat day 4??

Recently I came across a free Foundation Piecing project - there will be 9 blocks in total.  So, I roped in the Needle Girls...(most of us anyway). We thought it would be a good start to a Charity quilt.
The first block was released late Friday (almost 8.30 PM), so I gathered the necessary fabrics last night and printed the pattern,

When the zoom meeting was over, some chat started on the Needle Girls group with the others showing their fabric selections, so I decided I would start sewing the block.  It was done by 9 AM.

Ta Da!!!


If you are interested - I found this on Instagram - @Quiet Play.
https://www.instagram.com/quietplay/?hl=en

and look for this post


Free patterns weekly.....you may as well join in the fun!

If you are not on Instagram - go here:
Sign Up page

Then I was off to visit the local grandchildren...and do some necessary grocery shopping on the way home.. DH is NOT a shopper. . .so it was in and out very quickly - and of course I will need to go back tomorrow...UGH.

As I knew the girls at Baradine had been enjoying scones made by Chooky's mum...my taste buds were thinking scones, jam & cream.  Yes, I could've made some...but settled for pre-made pikelets.

I thought of Lou while eating these....

How come we can't have pikelets made in Australia???

then I settled in for some sewing. . .but that early start got the better of me ...a nana nap was needed.

I knew Saturday night was the "Gala Dinner" at Baradine (probably a roast dinner) and Chooky had told me the theme was "Stars".  There was not much in my wardrobe at late notice, but I could play along with the theme anyway...


After dinner, I was able to get back to some sewing.  I still need to finish these off, but reasonable progress was made.



Recently I have been conversing with Jeanna.  She was quite quick to comment on my Claytons retreat.  And I promised her I would have a cyber drink for her on Saturday night.


What will  Sunday bring??
The girls will be having a last big breakfast, some will sew for the morning, and then the packing up will begin.  Many hugs will be shared....


12 comments:

Denice Barker said...

I was so sorry to miss the Scrub zoom!! I love that you are playing right along with them for the weekend. This is a busy one for us but I'm there in spirit.

Maria said...

Zoom was far too early for me,would have to get up at 3.30am . Good on you for joining in.
Your new project looks good but I don’t need another new one. Haven’t started my #9 challenge for this month yet.
Your morning tea and dinner look great.

loulee said...

Your Claytons retreat worked out a lot better than mine. LOL
Love those blocks, but I'm not on the Gram.

dq said...

You had to have a nap because you were up so early zooming with us.
Love the blocks including the leaf and Quiet Play project. I am already in over my head as usual, so I better not join in.
Deana

Karen's Korner said...

What a great idea to "sew alongside". A very productive time.

Lin said...

What a great leaf - and quilt design. I love pikelets, really should have them more often, as we did when I was a child. Your blocks are coming along nicely. xx

ButterZ said...

Love your meal placemat setting. Keeping the theme going.

Sharm said...

Missed seeing you at Baradine but great to catch up on zoom …just arrived home here this arvo

Jeanna said...

Looks like you had a full and productive weekend. Your Saturday dinner looks delish!! I hope you enjoyed your cyber drink :)

Chookyblue...... said...

yes well your correct your attendance was compulsory.......nice leaf........really pikelets made in NZ........seriously they are so easy to make and surely we could make them in Australia........we must be very dumb now days.........but yes we had scones and Pikelets would be a suitable substitute and you would be wasting sewing time to make them.....
the main *star* dinner was Saturday night.......yes we did have a baked dinner.......and those blocks look great.......hope you enjoyed your cyber drink......

jude's page said...

Lovely to see you joining in with a Clayton's retreat, and even sharing the star theme! Well done

Janice said...

Go you, for getting up so early and looking polished. I was rather rough and ready at that time. We did have scones again on Saturday and your starry dinner looks delish. Good to see that your project is coming along nicely.