Sunday, March 17, 2024

Sunday Stitchers - Autumn Project, Easter Postcard, Crochet Blocks

Seasonal Project

Our Sunday Stitchers group decided to have an optional project for 2024.  We are making seasonal "things" - originally, it was to be a mini quilt - but we changed it a bit so you can make whatever you want.

I decided to make different versions of my house.  The seasons don't really vary much in sub-tropical Brisbane and I am not into pumpkins which seems to be the usual choice, so I included a bit of orange as flowers in the garden.

I suspect an architect or technical drawer would be horrified, but this is a fair representation of our house.

Easter Postcard

Following the success (??) of our Christmas Postcard swap, we decided to do it again for Easter...Sadly, only 4 participated.  😞

I made this one - an In The Hoop project from Sweet Pea - adapted for a postcard.


It went to Alison and I received hers....I guess with only 4 it was statistically likely!


One was made by Cheryl who couldn't come today - so here are the 3.

                              

Crochet Blocks

It's been ages since I have handed over some crochet blocks to Maria - but finally, today was the day...only 9...but it is something.

We had s fun day, despite a number of us missing

10 comments:

kiwikid said...

Great house block, love all the postcards, well done!! Good stack of crochet blocks there

dq said...

Those are cute little post cards, and your house rendition for fall - it is super cool!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your house block for Seasons. The postcards were great x

Lin said...

Your house looks great to me and I love how you have matched the binding. xx

Jeanna said...

The postcard swap is a great idea. I love your house block. So many pieces!

Karen's Korner said...

You did a fabulous job on your house. Pretty Easter swaps.

loulee said...

Love your house block. I'm with you, far too many pumpkins around at this time of year. Autumn does have so many other things to offer.

Maria said...

You did a great job of the house.
Lovely Easter swaps…

Anonymous said...

Love everything you have made ...looks great. NOR

Chookyblue...... said...

Looking forward to seeing the different houses....... And cute postcards..... I'm not great at swaps like that......