Friday, June 23, 2023

Glenrose Retreat with Sunday Stitchers

I was invited along to this retreat - as Helen couldn't go.  "Taking one for the Team"  LOL.

So, this means 3 retreats in 3 months (June, July & August)...a bit of overkill??? - Not at all . . .LOL
At least once I have prepped stuff - the leftovers can go on the list for the next retreat!

After a day at Sunday Stitchers, we started the road trip out to Warwick (About 2 hours) - arriving as the sun was going down.

My plans were:
  • 17 yellow/gold placemats (for Meals on Wheels)
  • 2 blue/green placemats (for Meals on Wheels)
  • 42 x 10" red, black & white strippy blocks (for a DV quilt)
  • 3 Sparrow blocks
  • 2 My Kinda Town blocks 
And in reserve . . .
  • Green Coin Quilt (for a DV quilt)
  • Crochet
  • Sashiko tree
Well, that was very optimistic!

I did 4 placemats - but decided they are much easier to make at home on the bigger machine.
14 red, black & white strippy blocks (one got left on the cutting table..LOL)
3 Sparrow blocks
2 My Kinda Town blocks


On Thursday morning we need to leave by 9.30 - so the plan each year is to have brunch at Gardens Galore - the food is always beautifully presented and delicious.
As I was the substitute for Helen - I decided to order what she would have selected;  French Toast - it didn't disappoint!



Then there was a bit of shopping at Shelley's and the drive home.

I had a great time - stayed up late - ate "some" bad food, chatted, and laughed.
Thanks for inviting me along girls!

And I still have plenty of projects for the next retreat on July 21st!



11 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

I've always luved the idea of going on a sewing retreat but we don't have things like that near me

Karen's Korner said...

You seem to have achieved quite a lot to me. Love those sweet sparrow and town blocks. Breakfast looks delicious. Good choice.

Fiona said...

Good of you to take one for the team there.... looks like you got lots done and wonderful that you had fun doing it...
Hugz

Lin said...

Nice work - you got a lot done. Love the sparrows! xx

Maria said...

Oh you for taking one for the team! What fun.
You did well , love the house blocks….
Brekky look delicious 😋

Janice said...

It was very good of you to sacrifice yourself by taking one for the team. I don’t think you will get sick of retreats after just three. We always take far too much to work on, but better than running out. You still did well. That breakfast looks soooo good. You wouldn’t have needed to eat for the rest of the day.

Denice Barker said...

such an ambitious list of projects! I usually take a quilt that needs to be quilted and a small hand applique thingy for when I get bored with the quilt.
I hardly accomplish any of it!!

dq said...

I have been eye balling the My Kinda Town quilt for some time. I LOVE it! Have you been doing it awhile or just starting it?

You didn't add April to your retreat months. You have had a great retreat year. How wonderful! I got my two for the year.

The red and black strings are wonderful!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love those pretty sparrow blocks. You have lots of wonderful sewing done to bring home. Glad you had a great time x

jude's page said...

Sounds like you had a fun, and productive retreat, and don't think you could ever have too many of them, love your string blocks!!

Chookyblue...... said...

perfect time...........