Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Cross Stitch Tree - Homespun Pattern (A Hearty Harvest)

It was well and truly time to finish this one...long overdue!!!!

To do this post, I checked the date of the magazine - March 2016.   I couldn't find any posts using labels, so started by scrolling backward from December 2016.  By the time I got to April, I decided I must have started it in 2017 . . .but no...going back just a tiny bit further - I had made good progress in March 2016

and a bit more in April 2016.

I have no idea when it was all finished, but I recall I washed it - ready to press and frame in a round hoop - and the red ran!!!!!!!!   Disaster.... So I unpicked the bit where it showed . . and then it sat . .  .27 stitches was all it needed.

Finally, it's done.  Simply framed in a round hoop - 
exactly the way it was presented in Homespun!


Love ticking things off the UFO list!



10 comments:

kiwikid said...

Well done, it looks lovely.

Janice said...

I’m glad you finished the cross stitch. It deserves to be on show, not tucked away.

Maria said...

Well done on the finishes.
That’s so pretty.

Chookyblue...... said...

Not sure why we leave some things like that for do long........

Karen's Korner said...

Well done on moving that pretty stitching to the finish line.

Fiona said...

Thats a lovely long waited UFO that is finally done.... glad you did sort it - well worth it...

Hugz

Lin said...

Lovely finish - why do we leave things for so long before finishing them! xx

Sandi said...

Tick - another one to mark as completed... your on a roll - keep up the momentum.. xx oh and it is very pretty..

loulee said...

Good things are worth waiting for. Beautifully finished too.

dq said...

Wow. Way to get back to it. Sometimes we need a break from projects only to come back and find they aren't so overwhelming after all.