Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Black, White & Red Quilt

Many years ago, in my Wynnum Group, for birthdays, we each made everyone a 9 patch block.
Each of us handed out a fabric or two to be used.  I gave everyone a red to go in the centre and at least one piece of black and white.  The rule was to use just black and white for the other fabrics.

Then, a bit less than many years ago, I made them into a top.

Then I put it in a drawer.

Now that my Sunday Stitchers Group is making charity quilts - or Quilts to Give as they are also known,  I decided to finish it off and donate it.


Not sure why I didn't align the red squares differently . . but it's done now!

10 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

It's lovely......

loulee said...

Wow! Beautiful quilt.

Maria said...

A stunning quilt that will certainly brighten someone’s life and keep them warm.

Janice said...

It’s a very effective quilt and I’m sure the final recipient will be thrilled to receive it.

Fiona said...

Its worked out such a lovely quilt...
Hugz

Lin said...

Great use of your blocks and a nice finish. xx

Nutty Nor's Nest said...

Just love that Quilt Susan

Karen's Korner said...

What a lovely finish.

kiwikid said...

Stunning quilt Susan, great to get it finished.

jude's page said...

Great job Susan