Monday, May 25, 2020

French Collection

This has taken quite some time . . .
I started the stitcheries in 2008 - a few of us from Loose Threads decided to do it - tempted by all the lovely buttons I think - or maybe it was just "peer pressure"  . . . .

I found a post from June 2014 - I know that was one of the later ones.


Finally it was a flimsy at retreat in August 2016

Then it took 3 years to get it quilted...and in the meantime I had done several re-orgs of my sewing stuff. .  .where or where are those buttons???
I finally found them over Easter, so was pleased about that.  Being so old it was unlikely that I'd be able to replace them

So it went onto my Sunday Stitchers' UFO Challenge List as #9 - and it needed to be finished by May 17.

Finally!

11 comments:

Fiona said...

Yay, finally that lovely quilt is done.... glad you were able to find your buttons.... well done on a beautiful finish...
Hugz

Cheryll said...

It looks beautiful Susan... so well done...xox

retdairyqueen said...

Lovely Better late than never so they say

Maria said...

Pleased you found the buttons and you could finally finish French Collection

Chookyblue...... said...

Welldone on your finish

Lin said...

Congratulations on your finish Susan. xx

kiwikid said...

Congratulations on your finish, it looks wonderful.
I am having a lot of trouble commenting on your blog for some reason, keeps taking me off to watch some video!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done Susan! Lovely work. I have the same issue as Sue x

Bethan said...

I'm glad you could find your buttons! Well done on your finish! x

Anonymous said...

this looks great, well done! :)

dq said...

I would enjoy a few close up photos of this beauty! It looks amazing! I also enjoyed reading the story of how long it took and finding the buttons.