Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Stay At Home Scrub Stitchin' (aka Claytons Scrub Stitchin')

I am missing seeing a lot of friends that are at Scrub Stitchin'.  Feeling a bit sad . . . 😢😢😢
(Yes, Chooky, I hear you.)
I was in Susan's Sewing Space . . .selecting fabrics, cutting, re arranging, chatting with Lynda who was on her way to SS. . . . and I thought...'Darn I should have organsied a "Stay At Home Scrub Stitchin' " thing'...not sure what the "thing" was going to be . . . .

So, I will pretend I am at SS and post what I work on over Wednesday through to Sunday when I would have / could have been there...
(Yes, Chooky, I hear you.)

I am not sure what I would have taken to SS...but it would not have been what I will most likely work on at my Claytons SS.

For the Overseas visitors - 
Where did the term Claytons come from?

In Australian and New Zealand usage, largely illusory; existing in name only. The expression comes (in the 1980s) from the proprietary name of a soft drink marketed using the line 'It's the drink I have when I'm not having a drink'.

So, the "retreat" I am having when I am not having a retreat.

Wednesday

In the morning I selected fabrics and cut pieces for my Chookshed Challenge #9 project  I am following the pattern (so far anyway) and have a "plan" for the colours . . .but as I go, of course, that changes a bit.

So, by lunchtime I had design boards loaded up ready for an afternoon of sewing.

An afternoon of sewing produced this:


There are quite a few more sections to create before it comes together.

Wednesday night I had a meeting to go to (Queensland Quilters), so keeping in the mood I did a bit of crochet.



When I got home, I didn't feel like more sewing...so just did a bit of crochet and writing up this post.

I doubt anyone at SS is reading this while they are there .. . . . but I am thinking of you all.







10 comments:

Jeanna said...

I hope you are enjoying your Clayton's Scrub Stitchin'. I'm sure your friends miss you. Thanks for explaining Clayton's.

Maria said...

Sounds like a good idea doing “ Clayton’s Scrub Stitching”
The project your working on looks interesting.

Chookyblue...... said...

Hmmmm well wrong.....I am reading this....
I won't say "I told you" cause that wouldn't be nice..... But........
Looking forward to seeing what you sew over the next few days......I did get my machine set up before I went to bed.....
Want some jelly beans???? I think Sharmayne had a container full of then.....

loulee said...

Well I might join you at Claytons once I'm through with work on Friday. LOL
I'll be one of those ladies who just comes in for the weekend.

jude's page said...

Just catching up on some blog reading this morning..... sorry to hear you are not at Scrub stitching, neither am I. Look forward to seeing what you do on your claytons retreat. You won't see any sewing from me though.

Lin said...

Thanks for the explanation of Claytons, I was wondering.Try and have fun on your own and I look forward to seeing what you come up with. xx

ButterZ said...

I am also not at SS but will be on a mini retreat over the weekend. So I enjoy reading your post and seeing what you are sewing. There are a few of us on a Clayton’s SS

Denice Barker said...

I'm not there, either, but sure wish I was. The weekend is a busy on for me so I doubt I'll be able to do much but pack for our own retreat next weekend. My thoughts are with you!

dq said...

I just love this post and the idea of Stay at Home Scrub Stitchin'. I am here with you doing the same, sewing daily after work.

Look at you go!

Janice said...

I’m finally sitting down to read some blogs. We did miss you at SS. I’m glad you had your Clayton’s version. Maybe next year?