Monday, January 1, 2024

Hanging Towels (5)

DD1 asked me for some hanging towels for Christmas ...I bought towels and had two tea towels that I had the toppers for, but weren't finished.  I didn't get to them before Christmas, but wanted to finish them before she heads off to Townsville again...(Postage costs!!!)
So, she had the opportunity to go through some of my fabrics to choose what she liked....and spied some fabric that would be perfect for a friend - so another towel to be made....LOL

The towels I bought were very thick, so I decided on a different method for them - the idea of trying to gather them wasn't appealing....

I also found a new free pattern for the "retro look" one for the friend.





So, my first 5 projects for the year - and they weren't even on the To Do Lists.

Happy New Year to everyone - hoping for Peace everywhere, good Health & Happiness.



11 comments:

Janice said...

They say you should start the year as you intend to continue, so you made a good start. Would you be able to share the pattern you used?

kiwikid said...

Best laid plans huh!!

Maria said...

You sure started the year with a bang.... Well done!

jude's page said...

Catching up on blog reading as I am way behind. You have certainly made lots of little projects for the swaps. Well done on joining the challenge. I'm not going to even attempt.

Jo said...

Well done on some quick finishes. Now to do some more.

dq said...

Things always pop up that we hadn't planned for.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Chookyblue...... said...

Off to a cracking start.......

Karen's Korner said...

I sell a lot of those towels at my stalls....they are very handy.

Sharm said...

Isn’t it always the “incidentals” that need to be made and somehow never get put on the initial lists we make lol
I usually crochet the tops of my hanging towels - sewing them would be much quicker and use up some scraps!!!