Wednesday, January 24, 2024

RSC - January


I pondered whether or not to join Angela for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for 2024....So many projects on my To Do lists...but also a LOT of fabric that needs to be used. 

Then I saw Janice's post and decided "Fishy Business" would be a fun project for the year and would make a good charity quilt at the end.  (I can also take advantage of the fact that Janice has worked out that we need two fish each month and a couple of spares...LOL)

The pattern is available here.

This is the quilt from the designer.


I decided the backgrounds could be all light-coloured blue/green tones - and I would use Bali fabrics for the fish in the colours given out for RSC.

The colour for January is dark and bright green and here are my January Fish.




9 comments:

loulee said...

I do like these fish, I'm so tempted..... But running out of month.

dq said...

Goodness, I am so tempted to join you and Janice on this one. I have never done RSC, and I love this quilt. It will be a great one to use up scraps on.

My hold back is that I do hand applique'. I think I would spend too much time on it. Still tempted though! Two fish a month is not too bad.

Lin said...

This is going to be a great quilt. xx

Jo said...

Oh these fish quilts are going to be wonderful

kiwikid said...

Great idea, love these fish quilts.

Julie in GA said...

So cute! I'm tempted to make these fish blocks too.

Chookyblue...... said...

cute but I am still not joining you girls.......LOL

Janice said...

I’m so pleased you have joined me. They are so quick and easy. Your fabrics will be perfect.

Maureenclare02@gmail.com said...

Great way to use fabrics from ones stash. Fish is a different theme but is an opportunity to being imaginative in colour contrasting.