Saturday, January 6, 2024

FNWF - January

A new year - but feeling comfortable getting back into the swing of Friday Night With Friends.

I had been with one of my sewing groups during the day, so had a full day of sewing.
Daytime I worked on an old cross stitch project...this is my SS #9 Challenge project - I have a set of 3 cross stitches of vases of flowers.   Two are done.....really want to finish this one.   The Challenge for the month is to make progress on it - so I decided that I would set aside 2 days to work on it.

Here is the starting point 

and where I got to

At night time I did a bit of crochet....

And then I started quilting the skies of the houses in my Homegrown Quilt.  This project has a "Finish" date of 21st January....so it is a major focus at the moment.   More work on it over the weekend.


I wasn't sure if I would continue doing blog posts for FNWF (& FNSI), but it seems a lot of people are still doing it, so I will carry on for another year.   I do find it is a great record of my projects.

Thanks Cheryll for continuing on - thanks everyone for your company.


11 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

A very productive sewing day.

Helenchaffin said...

Beautiful cross stitching, crocheting is something I want to pick back up ,it's been 15 yrs if not longer since I've crocheted anything,the house quilt is cute!

loulee said...

You made great progress.

Sharm said...

Nice progress with the cross stitching …….im loving the homegrown quilt!

Lin said...

Good progress already with your cross stitch and the quilting is coming along. xx
PS Thanks for your comment on my post - it went into spam and then I couldn't find your email address to reply!

Chookyblue...... said...

That's nice.....

Janice said...

A nice variety of projects for one day. I do love the cross stitch. Good luck getting the quilting completed. I never seem to be organised to stitch on Friday evenings, so haven’t successfully joined in on FNWF. It is still fun to read what everyone else achieved.

kiwikid said...

You did really well with your cross stitch. Happy you are still blogging FNWF, it is always good to see what people are working on.

Jo said...

I love seeing what others are doing. It seems these two link ups are a great push and motivation. Keep it up.

Susie H said...

So glad you decided to stay with this group. I love watching the progress we all make and FNwF and FNSI does hold us accountable for two posts/month. Keep up the good work. The X-stitch vase looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Lovely stitching