Monday, January 22, 2024

Sunday Stitchers - January - UFO Challenge #9

At Sunday Stitchers, some of us have decided to re-instate the UFO Challenge list, to help us get things done...This year some of my UFO Challenge projects are "make progress on"...and I decided that means - spending at least 2 days working on the project.

The project for January was #9 - which is "Three vases - cross stitch".

Many years ago - in my early cross stitch days...a friend and I decided to make a set of three cross stitches.  They featured vases of flowers.  I did one...if you can see the date... it's 85...almost 40 years ago.....[....hanging head.....].     I did the second one . . .some time . . . . and then, sort of recently (ie less than 5 years ago)  I worked on the third one.

Here are the two that are done.


Here is how the third one looked at the beginning of January 2024

I have spent two days of sewing group time on it...and got to this point.
I am at the stage where it is no longer good for social sewing days.


I will get there - but obviously, my patience level has dropped over time as I am finding the back stitching of the flowers especially tedious.   My goal is to finish and frame them all by the end of 2025.

It's back in the cupboard for now.   Concentrating on Project #9...hopefully a finished top.






8 comments:

loulee said...

Lovely to see your cross stitching.

Maria said...

They are ver pretty cross stitches and will be lovely when finished and framed.

Anonymous said...

Just love your cross stitch Susan

kiwikid said...

They are beautiful images and will be gorgeous once they are framed.

Lin said...

Having got so far I think I would want to get them finished and out of the way! Lovely flowers in your vases. xx

dq said...

The cross stitch vases are very pretty!

Chookyblue...... said...

its nearly done.......don't forget about it........

Janice said...

You can definitely see your progress. They are a lovely set and haven’t dated. I look forward to seeing them finished.