Saturday, July 22, 2023

My Claytons Retreat (aka Sunday Stitchers At Boonah Retreat) Day 2

Well, I am supposed to be in Boonah - on retreat with some of the Sunday Stitchers Group - but a bad cough has kept me at home.  I feel OK - especially during the day - but late nights, early mornings - well a lot of coughing...

Anyway, things happen ....so I am retreating at home.

My plan for this retreat was to make 2 more blocks for "My Kinda Town" and as many string blocks as I could.  There is also a "mystery" project to be done...

Early today I decided I needed something different to do before I began the house blocks.
I have joined a Cross Stitch SAL - here.
So, as I am eager to start - but no pattern is available until August 11 - I decided to get the threads ready.

Then, I could delay no more - time to construct houses.
I worked on this block for most of the day/night.  Although during that time there were numerous chats concerning design, colour choices for a project, extra numerous chats with the retreat girls about any number of things....The "benefit" of social media I guess.

And I had to unpick one section - unpicking stitches sewn at 1.8 is slow...
The building is not complete...tomorrows job....then to add the tree on the side and move onto the second block. 

The wrong one:

All fixed....

The retreat goes til Tuesday afternoon - then add in travel time . . .I should be right to continue sewing til dinner time on Tuesday, and since I don't need to unpack much...I will just keep going til bed time....LOL

9 comments:

Maria said...

Hope that coughs getting better .
I’ll enjoy watching your cross stitch SAL…
Cute house.

Fiona said...

Pity you couldn't go but glad you have kept the time to have your own retreat... hope that cough is better. The little house looks quite fiddly but I do love them...

Enjoy the mystery cross-stitch. I have recently purchased a cross stitch to try... not sure how I will go with the counting!!

Hugz

Lin said...

Such a shame about the cough but at least you are well enough to sew at home. Hope it clears up soon. Nice house! xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

So sorry you couldn't make it to retreat, but glad you are taking the time to sew at home... love your house! It's really cool! xx

Jeanna said...

What a bummer you didn't get to 'travel' to the retreat. But I'm happy to see you are still retreating at home. Your house block is super cute.

Chookyblue...... said...

bummer but atleast you feel well enough to srw at home......

dq said...

Well that is bad timing with the cough. I am so sorry!

Love the houses and the entire quilt you've been working on. It is a great pattern!

kiwikid said...

Hope your couch is better, great you retreated at home.

jude's page said...

Love your house, hope your cough is better,