Friday, July 7, 2023

FNWF - July

The days seem to slip by....here we are again at Cheryll's (via cyber space) ready for a night...or day...or part thereof...sewing, crafting, blogging or Facebooking.

Now that I am a lady of leisure and had no other commitments today, I decided to get a head start on my RSC blocks - the colour for July is Red - 'that will be easy' I thought - lots of novelty fabrics in red....well, No, Susan, you do not have a lot in red.
I managed to scrape it in - I added spots and circles so I could have enough.

I am going to a new sewing group tomorrow and we can use the machines at the shop which probably means most of us will be machining - most of my groups end up being for hand sewing.
As this is the first meeting, I decided to take the black red & white stripey (string) blocks - seam allowance isn't important, so I can do them on any machine.
That necessitated some cutting of the jelly roll that had been donated. 
I have quite a collection now - roughly sorted into sizes.

Of course - a bit of crochet while watching BH&G...but as sport was on after that I was able to make a quick exit from the TV area to the pleasant haven of my Sewing Space.
Pop over to Cheryll's blog to have a look at the other crafty pursuits.

Thanks Cheryll, I hope everyone got to do some crafting or had an enjoyable night otherwise.










11 comments:

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Your RSC blocks sounds like so much fun! Your sewing group will be fun especially since you don't have to carry your machine. What are you crocheting? Love seeing your projects!

Fiona said...

You did well with your red blocks... hope you have fun at your new sewing group...
Hugz

Jeanette said...

Your red blocks look great. Look forward to seeing what you make with the strips.

Karen's Korner said...

Enjoy your new group....lots of cutting there to keep you at the machine for quite a while. You did well with your limited red scraps.

Maria said...

Well done with your reds ...
Have fun at your new group.

Chookyblue...... said...

The red blocks look good....... Hope the new group goes well.....

Helenchaffin said...

the red blocks looks fantastic,new sewing groups are always fun!

Sharon Kwilter said...

That's a lot of strings. I'll bet those will be fun blocks.

kiwikid said...

Great red blocks, hope the strips were sewn up ok.

Jeanna said...

Your RSC blocks look great and I love the color of your crochet yarn. Enjoy your new sewing group...sounds like fun.

Janice said...

It’s sometimes surprising what we think we have, but don’t. You did well to get your blocks together. I hope your new group was good fun.