Thursday, May 4, 2023

Scrub Stitchin' - What did I sew?

When I go on a retreat, I always have a list or plan of what I will sew.  Over time I have become a good judge of what I will get done and although I always have an extra - in case...(I could get rained in or have to stay longer???)...I can take what I need and focus on those things.

First up was an I Spy quilt for charity.  A friend recently gave me all her Novelty fabrics and included were quite a lot of 5" squares.  So I added more, cut some half blocks, and did a rough layout at home.  Then I stacked the blocks and was able to sew two rows at a time.  (There isn't too much spare room).   

Then I worked on the "optional" project - Moda Love Charm Quilt.  It is a free pattern here.
I plan this to be the middle of a quilt that I will work on over a period of time.



The third main project was strippy blocks.  A few months back Chooky had a Zoom day to support Breast Cancer.   We made a donation and Chooky sent an invite to the meeting.
At the same time, Jude from News from Jude offered some goodies for sale and donated a portion of the sales to Breast Cancer. ..... Well, I had to join in didn't I?
So, I bought this very cute suitcase filled with strips and vilene squares.

I sewed 18 blocks during the retreat and then another 9 at home, so am well on the way to another charity top.


I also did a bit of crochet in the car on the way there and on Saturday night after I had packed my gear.


This post is a bit late being posted - it was sitting as a Draft and I'd forgotten about it....nevermind!


9 comments:

Janice said...

You did really well. I’m looking forward to see your Moda Love quilt expand.

loulee said...

You achieved a lot. Looking forward to seeing what you do with Moda Love.

cityquilter grace said...

love the moda love quilt!

dq said...

I like that you came with a plan. I do that too and was pleased with my progress.
I love the eye spy quilt; it will be so loved.
Your strings quilt is also lovely - I love scrappy things.
I will be watching for your Moda Love to grow.

Fiona said...

Great achievements...
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

Love all your sewing projects.........

ButterZ said...

You did manage to get a bit sewn. Love the string blocks for charity. I need a clean up and these are a great way of using up scraps.

Maria said...

You always get lots done on retreat.
Such cute little case, always fun to make the strip blocks...

jude's page said...

Better late than never, (like my catching up on reading your blog!!)