Tuesday, May 2, 2023

RSC - April

The April colour was "purple"...Love purple... have a fair bit of purple in my stash. . but "Novelties/I Spy"  in purple??? Quite a different matter.

So I hunted in the novelty collection, including all the novelty fabric given to me recently - and mentioned the anticipated struggle in a conversation with Janice.   She said she'd have a look and bring anything to Scrub Stitchin'.  And I knew there would be some shopping options during the trip.....so I held off making the blocks.

Fortunately, Jancie also mentioned my dilemma to Lou (in NZ)  and at Scrub Stitchin' I collected 4 different fabrics....One was more pink than purple so I will save that for another day.  But huge thanks to both Janice & Lou...it helped a lot.

So, here....finally are my April RSC blocks.

 

Onto the Orange blocks...not an easy colour again . . .LOL

15 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Well done in the end...... Goodluck with orange.....

loulee said...

Great blocks, happy to have helped.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely blocks Susan. How kind quilters are!

Janice said...

They turned out well. Glad we could help.

Karen's Korner said...

A great selection of purple fabrics there. Orange I have to say is not one of my favourites.

ButterZ said...

Think Halloween

Fiona said...

You did well with your blocks and it's fun using pieces from friends...
Hugz

dq said...

It looks like those fabrics are perfect!

dq said...

Love those purples. I have very few in my stash though.

Lin said...

Your blocks look good - love the elephants! xx

Helenchaffin said...

Luv the blocks,I never have orange in my stash & have to buy for it when the month calls for it

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely blocks....lovely when friends can help in these situations and gives lovely variety to your project too xx

Linda in UK said...

You have some lovely fabrics in your block. The elephants and butterflies are gorgeous. Quilters are very generous friends aren’t they?

Helenchaffin said...

Thanks for visiting my blog im not sure why it's showing non replier but I'm checking to fix it

Maria said...

Your Purple RSC " I Spy" looks great....