Friday, May 31, 2024

Miscellaneous Charity Blocks

International Womens Day

Queensland Quilters are assisting Bev Parel (Maleny Magic Patchwork) by providing blocks in Purple Green & White so that she can achieve her goal of making 50 quilts by 8 March 2025.

At a Queensland Quilters meeting in the second half of last year, Bev Perel gave a very interesting presentation on International Women's Day, which is held on 8 March every year. In 2025, it will be 50 years since the United Nations gazetted the date in Australia.
Bev's aim is to have 50 quilts to display for 2025. 

I made 2 blocks last year - but didn't take pictures, so I have highlighted my blocks on these photos that Bev has sent through.


They are hard to see....but it's just for me so I have a reminder.

I have now made a third one.

Australian Melanoma Research Foundation

Echidna Sewing has launched "Echidna Flowers In The Sun - a Community Project" for the  Australian Melanoma Research Foundation..  The request was to make the logo in blue & yellow.  The pattern was available for purchase at $5 - the proceeds going to the foundation.
Echidna say:
"Our aim for this community project is to create a symbol of hope and solidarity for all those who have been touched by melanoma, and a reminder of the need for more research and action to fight this disease.

I recently lost a good friend to Melanoma.  :😧




4 comments:

Jeanna said...

You've created some nice donation pieces, Susan. I'm so sorry for your loss. My husband dodged a bullet a few years ago. Dermatology appointments are so very important.

Chookyblue...... said...

nice to be part of the quilts.....

ButterZ said...

Wow. That will be good if so many quilts get made.

dq said...

I am so sorry, Susan. I too just lost one of my dearest friends to cancer. It still hurts. I feel like I should do a post about it, but I am still processing it.