Friday, March 8, 2024

Needle Girls - De's Birthday

Today we celebrated De's Birthday.

We started at my place for a bit of sewing...and cake with a candle.



Then we went out for lunch - at Vend Annerley - a series of craft stalls - and a lovely cafe.

This year we are gifting presents that start with each person's initials - for De - this is D F T.

I gave her:

Digestive Lemon Fruity Tops (biscuits)
Drink cover (made of silicone - keeps drinks hot or cold, keeps bugs out if you are outside)
Dish with a Doiley filled with Dates, a Fig, a Fejoita and Tomatoes (no tamarillos or tangerines available)
Fascinator
Table Weights
Raspberry Twists
Threads - Dark Brown, Fawn, Tan

Hopefully she found them Delightfully Funny Things.

13 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

What a fun way to celebrate a birthday,now kinda wishing one of my initials could be an F so I'd get fabric🀣 A very happy B'day to DeπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚

Jeanna said...

Happy Birthday to your friend De. You all have a creativee and fun way to celebrate birthdays.

Janice said...

A lovely day. I think you girls have as much fun finding the gifts as the birthday girls receiving them.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Susan what a fun day for De ,I think you did really well with the gifts ,so much fun for De,take care my friend 🀍🌷🀍

Michelle Ridgway said...

Very clever gifts. Happy birthday to De xx

Lin said...

You do get imaginative with your gifts! Great fun. xx

Maria said...

Such a great day celebrating DE’s birthday day.
Great gifts you gave her.

loulee said...

That's a fun way to gift.

Jenny said...

I think your birthday idea is so much fun. Im sure you all enjoyed VEND its a great cafe. Im so glad you introduced me to it.

kiwikid said...

Great way to celebrate a birthday, I am sure De loved them!

Anonymous said...

Glad De had a good birthday πŸŽ‚

dq said...

That is a fun idea to celecbrate birthdays with the letters of their name gifts. Hmmm, I may have to do that for something.

Chookyblue...... said...

Sounds like fun .....