Saturday, March 30, 2024

Chookshed Stitchers 2024 Challenge - #4

Our Number for the Chookshed 2024 Challenge for March is #4 and many of the stitchers decided it would be a panel.

To be honest, I had originally planned to work on this panel - relatively simple ... mostly straight-line quilting.  


But when I measured it - it was too big to go where I had planned to put it . . mmmm. . . . . .so, I could make it narrower . . .I could rearrange other things and put it in a different place . . . .or I could defer the decision.....which I did!

Instead, I made up a panel into a quilt top which will be donated (when finished) to a Domestic Violence group, that my Sunday Group supports.

It was a quick make - I split the panel in two - added the black and red down the centre, a narrow red border and the black & white striped outside border.

Hopefully, it will be quick to quilt too!

I wonder what number Deanna will draw for us for April???


10 comments:

Lin said...

Haha, when in doubt start something new! And it has worked really well, that black and red looks great around your panel. xx

kiwikid said...

Great work! Love both panels.

Maria said...

Was a good idea to change ideas and have a nice finish.

Jenny said...

That's a good idea to split the panel in two, giving it added interest and making it a little larger as well. Love the striped borders.

loulee said...

A great detour, that ended up in the right place.

Karen's Korner said...

Well done on achieving your challenge even though it was a different one.

Susan said...

Great work! Busy as always.

dq said...

Your panel quilt is so darn cute!!! Congratulations on a near finish that will find a great home as a donation quilt.

Janice said...

Good on you for finding another panel that you could use in March. It’s funny how lots of us seem to have multiple panels waiting to be used. I’m sure it will be gratefully received.

Chookyblue...... said...

Have to let the beach houses are stew a bit longer......I like the other panel quilt..... Well done with the challenge..........