Monday, March 25, 2024

Glenrose Retreat - March

I have been off for a short retreat at Glenrose Patchwork Cottages - in the house this time - a first for me!

We had a small group of 5 - sadly one had to pull out at the last minute....two I had met & sewed with before - one new to me person and a friend of mine - Helen.
It doesn't really seem to matter about who is there - we all get along and enjoy seeing what the others are doing.

I was able to take advantage of the design walls that are hung up to lay out two I Spy quilts - much easier there, than on a bed at home. . . 



I got all the rows sewn one of them and the other is pinned and numbered.

I made this Baby Quilt top


and joined the rows for another, but couldn't find the right fabric for the internal borders.

And I started on 10 Bunny Bags - one was finished before I started the other 9 in a "production line".
I decided to leave off the faces....
my drawing skills are about 2/10, so they are best left blank!
and they are all for children 4 and under, so not a biggie
& the parents can add their own design!


We all had a fun time - the shop is closing down, so there is a sale happening . . .some bargains may have come home with me.

Thanks Fiona for organising and Tracey for the Easter cakes, Wendy & Helen for adding to the fun!

10 comments:

kiwikid said...

Looks like you have had a great time. Great Easter Cakes. Your quilts look wonderful Susan. The Easter baskets are so cute!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Glad you enjoyed your retreat. You made good progress on your projects. Cute bunny bag and cupcakes xx

Lin said...

What a productive time you had - and lots of fun too I am sure. The bunny bag is brilliant. xx

Jeanna said...

THose bunny bags are just the cutest. The cupcakes look delish. Glad you had a nice time.

Janice said...

You always have a lovely time at Glenrose retreats. I had heard that the shop was closing, which is sad. Handy that you were there and able to bag a bargain. I hope the retreats will continue. The I spy quilt looks great and I’m glad you had a go at the bunny bags. They are a cute Easter gift.

Fiona said...

Lovely quilts you got done, glad you got a few bargains, some may have arrived in the post here too!! haha

Hugz

Maria said...

So good to have had the design board to organise your I Spys and Baby quilt.
Cute bunny bags and those easter cakes look delicious.

loulee said...

Those eye spy quilts look great up on the wall.
Looks like a fun time was had.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had fun . Nor

Chookyblue...... said...

Sounds like another great time at Glenrose........