Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Table Runner for Queensland Quilters

I am a member of Queensland Quilters and go to the night meetings...and when the call went out to make something for the Silent Auction they run each year, of course I put my hand up...I need to learn to sit on them . . .anyway - we could make a bag or a table runner, so I opted for the runner . . .

I got this idea from a local Patchwork shop (they made one for the recent Tilda Tour) ...and figured I could sort out the pattern....there was a limited amount of the fabric that was handed out - so I came up with this...it probably should have been a bit narrower....and I could just get two matching coasters to add to it.

I quilted it every half inch (copied from the shop model again)...I don't think I've ever quilted like that before - it sure does take some thread!



9 comments:

loulee said...

Cute runner. Great for a prize.

Lin said...

I do like a Silent Auction. Great runner and coasters. xx

Jeanna said...

The runner and coasters are so pretty and will make a great silent auction item. I love the look of close straight linee quilting.

Janice said...

Very effective. Yes, it takes a lot of thread, but works so well on a runner, making it sit nice and flat.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Looks great! Well done!

Fiona said...

Great make... someone will be very happy to win that..

Hugz

kiwikid said...

Great effort, well done, just as well you don't sit on your hands, there wouldn't be much for the silent auction then.

dq said...

It was good of you to share your talents even if it did take a lot of thread. I am sure it was appreciated, Susan.

Maria said...

Lovely runner.