Sunday, June 5, 2022

Chookshed Sympathy Party

If you read Chookyblue's blog you will know this weekend is usually an annual Chookshed Party - with real live people gathering at her place - not via Zoom.  They sew and sew and drink and talk and laugh and sew.

BUT it's been so wet there lately - (unlike the years when the drought was so bad) that the road to her place is just not traversable.

So, to buoy her spirits a bit I had a pretend cyber sewing party with her.

Saturday I was out sewing with friends and worked on this Natalie Bird Christmas stitchery - it's a long-term project - but a handy "Go To" project.


Saturday night I finished off the RSC blocks for June  - and took a picture for a post later in the month


and sewed around the pages for the latest ABC book.

Today (after the grocery shopping  . . blah)   I turned the pages inside out - 
ready for hand stitching tonight (Sunday) when I watch the Royal Concert for the Queen's Jubilee


and then I made some more progress on my Churn Dash - that I really really wasn't going to do - but somehow got sucked into it . . . not mentioning any names, (Chooky, Helen, De)


No finished blocks yet. but a lot of HST, a lot of the rectangle pieces and the centre squares are cut.

Happy Chookshed Birthday Chooky!

12 comments:

jude's page said...

Well done, I've also been cutting for churn dash

Maria said...

You sure worked on a few different projects..
Great to have your Churn Dash cut…

Denice Barker said...

I know what you mean about the churn dash! It's hard to say no and stick to it with Chooky on the other side!

Chookyblue...... said...

LOL.......love Denises comment.......
Thanks for sewing with me virtually......I was a bit sad about the girls not coming and then even Miss Jules was a no........
you cannot plan anything with the way the roads are at present they are so bad.....its effecting your business also as in what you can do.....getting in and out of town etc......
lovely stitchery that your doing there......the blocks are looking good......and so pleased your doing the Churn Dash SAL......

loulee said...

I'm looking forward to seeing all of our churn dashes grow, so many different variations and colourways.

dq said...

Hahaha!! I got sucked in too. YOu may as well too! You are further along - cut already - while I am still nailing down the pattern I want.

Lin said...

Its great to have a portable project for stitching with friends. Love love love your blocks! and nice work on your book. xx

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like a party even if it is pretend, you achieved so much.... well done.... it's not hard to coerce some people really....lol

Karen's Korner said...

You are well ahead of me with your CD blocks....I am still going through the stash and deciding what to make.

kiwikid said...

Sad Chooky couldn't have her party gathering. Lovely stitchery and you are doing well with the churn dash prep.

Jenny said...

Love the colours in those blocks and yes that Chooky sucks you into things doesn't she?

Janice said...

Good on you for partying. The RSC blocks are really taking shape now. They look very effective all together. A long term stitchery is a very handy thing to have sitting there. I need to prep one. You’re making a good start on the churn dash blocks.