Monday, October 31, 2022

Chooky's Churn Dash Challenge

Social Media can be a wonderful thing - you can stay in touch with friends easily - you can make friends all over the place without actually meeting them (Although it's much nicer when you do meet face to face) and anyone who follows Chooky and participates in her Chookshed Zoom meetings will know what I mean.
The downside is you see things ...  and get tempted to start yet another project...and succumb to the "peer pressure".

You know what I mean...some people resist better than others...I seem to fall into the "sucked in" group!!!

So here we are at the end of October, meeting Chooky's deadline/timeline ...whatever . . . .

My Churn Dash is completed.   (I think the goal was only the top - not the whole thing!)


It was the best picture I could get without someone to hold it up.

It started as a "Use your Stash" quilt - then I added a few bits here and there - then bought the greens and the border.  My stash doesn't include big pieces so I always need to buy that - so in effect - what I used in my stash has been replaced by leftovers of what I bought. 
Oh Well.....


10 comments:

Jeanette said...

Looks good, love the colours.

ButterZ said...

Looks great. I don’t think anyone gets rid of their scraps stash.

Lin said...

It's stunning Susan - haha, scraps are never ending! xx

loulee said...

What a beautiful quilt.

Denice Barker said...

Great quilt! I agree, sometimes we get sucked into projects and then wonder why! But this one was fun and it was a simple block.

Maria said...

Your Churn Dash looks great!!!
Oh yes we sure can get sucked in ......

Janice said...

It turned out so well. Despite your new purchase, it did use lots of stash.

Chookyblue...... said...

It looks great Susan.....well done.....I do hope you pack it for show and tell at retreat I would love to see it.........hope to get more of my quilts done.......the Chookshed Stitchers are a great group of "encouragers/ manipulators/enablers".........LOL......

dq said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous Churn Dash. Congratulations on getting it done as planned.

dq said...

Mine was a "Use Your Stash" thing too.
I love yours so much!
It is true that when we socialize with other quilters we end up starting new projects. Those projects with friends do make great memories though.