Friday, April 1, 2022

FNWF - April

Here we are again at Cheryll's - sewing, crafting, or just having fun.

It seems like it was only last week that I turned my calendar page over to March and now it's April!!!

I had planned to finish work on time (call it an early mark??) but it didn't happen. . . so the odd jobs I needed to do before I could sew, cut into my sewing time.

As usual, I started with some crochet - this yarn is thicker than 8 ply - so these blocks grow very quickly.

Then I thought I'd get my RSC out of the way - fortunately, I'd cut the strips last night so it was just some quick sewing to put them together.

I may trim some of them back a bit before next month so there is more variety in the sizes.

It's a bit of an odd combination yellow - then pink - but I guess it will all work out in the end.
And it's a nighttime picture - the pinks are brighter than this photo shows.
I will have to expand my design wall for next month!...or use the floor.

Happy weekend to all - hopefully not too much rain where you are and a mildish temperature - it's still "summer" here   ðŸ˜’  27 degrees.

Thanks Cheryll for keeping us on our toes!




13 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Susan well done on your lovely work you did well,take care xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Yesterday there was a do in the temps...... Cooler over night also..... Looking forward to seeing this quilt come together.....

kiwikid said...

Great blocks. Looking forward to seeing the quilt top develop.

Maria said...

Your blocks will make an interesting quilt.

Ingrid said...

Están quedando hermosos tus bloques ❤️
Que bueno que dedicas un rato al tejido. Yo tengo mis agujas de tejer abandonadas. Con tu publicación me animaste a retomarlas.
Gracias por compartir. Saludos desde Venezuela!

Lin said...

So annoying when your sewing time gets eaten into! The rainbow blocks are looking interesting. xx

Raewyn said...

You did well, even though you couldn't start as early as you would have liked! Good to see your log cabin blocks grow - they will make a fun quilt :-)

Fiona said...

your crochet is always so neat. loving the way the blocks are coming together... yes, they will all work out in the end with random colours..
Hugz

Karen's Korner said...

Once the cutting out is done the sewing takes no time. The blocks are looking good.

Cheryll said...

Always NiCe having your company no matter what you work on Susan...xox

Susie H said...

Well, look at you go on your RSC blocks! I only just found out the color Saturday morning! Your crochet looks pretty. Fat yarn is wonderfully satisfying.

Helen said...

Your RSC blocks are coming along nicely, interesting with the yellow and pink.... well done.

jude's page said...

Yes, how did it get to be April already? COld nights here, almost ready for the fire to be lit. Pretty blocks for RSC, and you can send some of that rain down this way, it's been a long time since we've seen the moisture.