Tuesday, November 30, 2021

My Birthday

There have been a few Birthday celebrations this year -- starting early November and finishing mid-December.

This post is mainly for me - to look back on.

First up was Loose Threads
In this group - we each gave gifts to the Birthday Girl - 3 gifts starting with the first three letters of that person's name - so I received gifts starting with S U & S.
(Funny how many "U" presents we have had to find....conveniently Unicorns are popular at the moment.)

Here are my goodies from the participating girls.




Nolene:
- Sanitiser Dispenser
- Unicorn applique
- Sanitiser

Maureen
- S letter 
- Unicorn sanitiser - to hang off my handbag
- Spring Lavender hand Cream

Inca
- Shopping Bag
- Unicorn pen
- Spiral Vegetable cutter
Louise
- Silver Spotty Serviettes
- Use By <date> Cream
- Scarf 

Because it is one of those 0 birthdays - I was also gifted a lovely bunch of flowers and a gift voucher from a Quilt Shop.  I made these purchases



Much appreciated LT friends


Then there was a Birthday lunch with the Sunday Stitchers group
Two of us had the same 0 birthday - we couldn't really celebrate early in the year - so we had to double up in November.   We went to a lovely cafe for a buffet-style meal and I received my Birthday presents there.

In this group we have selected 6 things to buy for the birthday present and each person chose a colour - I chose lime (everyone probably expected purple . . but I like to be different....)

Marilyn wa
s the giftor for me:


Apart from the limes - everything fitted one or more categories which were:

1. Something sewing / craft related 

2. Something square

3. Something spikey.

4. Something musical

5. Something hard  

6. Something nature related or natural.

I got:
Sewing pouch - with musical fabric, tiny scissors, pencil & leads, face washer - with musical ribbon, framed collage - full of sewing and musical bits.  The limes

Very clever and beautifully made - thanks Marily and thanks everyone for a lovely lunch.

Just after that I was on retreat -and the girls surprised me with another Birthday Celebration.

I covered that before here.
Again - a big thanks to Sandi, Helen, Norreen, Maureen, Lynda  & De

Normally I would have had my birthday celebrated in November for my SIMS group - but that happened in December instead.

This time - similarly to the Loose Threads plan - the gifts were 3 things that match any letter in our name


Maureen - silly shades, Unicorn pencil, Strawberry de seeder.
Inca - Star fabric, Needle threader and Skittles
Sue (went overboard and did 5 letters Plus one) - Scissors pin, Urchin fabric, Snow Spray, Almonds (ginger & Tumeric) Nutrimetics body butter. .  .and of top of that a lovely bunch of Sunflowers.

WOW - I feel very grateful for all my lovely friends and their generosity.

Of course there were also special presents from friends & family.

Thank you everyone for making my 0 birthday so special.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

You are very special with or without a 0 on the end!! Glad it was such a lovely extended celebration ...

Hugz

Janice said...

My goodness, you did have lots of celebrations and received some lovely and creative gifts.