Saturday, September 18, 2021

FNSI

Friday Night saw the usual gang of cyber sewers gathered at Wendy's place.

There was no AFL to watch, so I planned some hand sewing in front of the TV...then moved into my sewing space.

A shop I know of and get emails from, runs a charity project each month,. Not often can I do the "thing", but this month it is for the group where my crochet blocks go (Knitting for Brisbane's Needy - K4BN) - and a friend at Sunday Stitchers is a member of that group, and it's a fairly quick project . . .so I decided to join in.

The project is roll-up pencil holders.  The pattern is provided - there is a sewing machine version and an embroidery version - I stuck with the sewing machine version.
I dug out some fabrics, (I may have bought a bit more...shhh) and have been making them over the last couple of weeks.
For FNWF, I finished hand sewing the binding on a couple and added the binding to the rest.   I'm making 7 in total to donate.   I have another two cut - one for DD1 and one for my grandson.


The two finished ones (with pencils inside) are in front - the original pattern was a loop and a tie - but after some detailed conversations back & forth, a friend suggested a loop of elastic instead.  We thought that was easy for a child - and easier for the sewers.

Now to finish the bindings ready for Show & tell on Sunday.

Hope everyone was happy - and maybe even productive.  Pop over & visit Wendy to see who else joined in.,



10 comments:

kiwikid said...

You were very productive, they look great.

ButterZ said...

The elastic was a great idea

Jeanette said...

They look good & the elastic is a great idea. Hugs, xx

Karen's Korner said...

They look wonderful. Are you able to share the pattern or is it exclusive to the charity?

Chookyblue...... said...

Glad it was a project you could join in with this time......

Maria said...

You had a great time sewing up a storm and making the roll up pencil cases ...

Susie H said...

The pencil wraps are wonderful ... bright & useful. You did a great job and there will be some happy kiddos!

Cheryll said...

They will make a great gift for children.
Good job for a finish at FNSI too...xox

Fiona said...

Great sewing... and all for a good cause...
Hugz

Janice said...

What a fun donation project. You did well to get so much done.