In a small group I belong to we thought we would challenge ourselves
....just in case we were getting boring . . .
We decided to do a Round Robin quilt.
We each made a central block and the plan was that we would each add a border. .
I started mine off with this block
and the end result is this
I love it - we are planning on having them finished by the end of the year . . (no pressure)
This is Inca's quilt - I did the last border of Flying Geese - using the same machine embroidery technique that I used in Jingle All the Way (here)
This is Maureen's quilt - I did the pink and green checker board border.
This is Sue's quilt - I did the first border.
Maureen added dimensional flowers to the central block. Maureen and Sue's mother (Hazel) were very good friends and Maureen had been gifted a lot of sewing things from Hazel (who has now passed away). Amongst that collection were some tiny hand made petals that fitted the hydrangea theme perfectly. So Maureen added them to give dimension. It looks lovely and is a perfect keepsake for Sue.
I'm not sure we are all rushing to do this again.....but it was (mostly) fun!
Sorry if there is a delay in replying to any comments -
Blogger has some new requirements in relation to GDPR
(which is mainly applicable to Europe...but is impacting us all in blog land....).