Monday, May 21, 2018

FNSI - May and Sunday Stitchers

FNSI

I am a bit late posting this - life has been crazy hectic and the weeknd was full on.

However, despite needing to do groceries on Friday night I as able to get some sewing done - I finished off the binding for this quilt.


The pattern is Vintage Christmas Blessings by Canning Town Patchwork.
And a big thanks to Wendy or gracious hostess.

This is my Project #7 for Sunday Stitchers 2018 Challenge.  I will add some more quilting later but for now it is (almost) finished.

I also had to finish off a decorated coathanger for a swap at Sunday Stitchers.

This is the one I made

Sunday Stitchers

The Tuesday Girls had decided that they would like to put on a special Mothers Day Morning Tea & part of that was the coat hanger swap.

The table looked stunning - hand made decorations, flowers, sandwiches, chocolates, baby pikelets and muffins.  We had been asked to bring along a pretty teacup, saucer & plate to add to the ambience.



 I received a lovely coat hanger from Lynda

A wonderful time was had by all - thanks to you all - especially that one who will remain nameless who is cracking the whip a bit so that we don't get boring . . . .

Thankfully, the next UFO Number for the Challenge is #5 - finally a quick and easy finish.  Whilst I am very motivated to achieve the goal for the month I am finding that some other projects are getting overlooked - hopefully not this month!

8 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love the hanging & the coat hangers are beautiful. Hugs,xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan sounds like a lot of fun,the coat hanger you made is gorgeous,thankyou for sharing your lovely day with us xx

Fiona said...

love your wall hanging... I always think covered coathangers are just so glamorous... one day i want my wardrobe full of them! haha
Hugz

Jen said...

Looks like you had a lovely day, trust those Tuesday Girls to come up with something different.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely finish Susan. Sunday looked wonderful! Sorry to have missed it.....beautiful coat hangers xx

Janice said...

The quilt turned out great. Your morning tea must have been fabulous. Tea is always better in fun China and it would have been great swapping coat hangers.

Kaylee said...

Love, love, love the coathanger and gives me more inspiration to use my Grandma's doiley's which I inherited...

Karen's Korner said...

A very cute wallhanging and love the coathangers.