Saturday, August 27, 2016

Retreat Day 5

It's all over for another year . . .

Tuesday's finishes...well "finish" - 
After a very late night - Maureen was able to finish piecing her aqua and coral version of Lori Holt's Quilty Fun Christmas quilt from last year.
 My list that I prepared....not too bad

and the final Tally Board - a few projects to carry over...hopefully we will all get them finished before next retreat...

Our Star Performer joined us on the last day.
She is converting a gazebo cover that has "breathable" panels but only loops to join each side into a gazebo cover that retains the breathable sides but has zipped joins - to stop the flies getting in - for a non sewer she is doing a very good job.   I don't think we have converted her - she would rather be gardening - but she was very impressed with her Thread Catcher that she made - even woke her teenage son to show him last night - not too sure he was impressed with that.

I am lucky enough to still be on leave from work so I have been able to get through some of the other things that I had hoped to do...though I certainly do get a lot more done when I am away than when I am at home.  But I was able to put the binding on a quilt...more on that very soon.







2 comments:

Fiona said...

I love Maureens quilt. It's funny how even not working and being at home one doesn't get as much done.... it annoys me because I end up procrastinating instead of getting down to business
Hugz

Maureen Clare said...

Hi Fiona, this is Maureen channelling through Susans blog as I haven't progressed to blogland yet. Thank you very much for your lovely comment. Cheers