Saturday, February 4, 2023

FNWF - February

Time to gather with cyber friends for a night/ day/time of sewing / crafting.

Recently a friend gave me several bags of fabrics to donate to SS for our charity efforts - 7 bags in all!
I had sorted through them and was able to pass most of it along to Helen for storage.  I kept some pink fabric - there was some of that pre-quilted with poly wadding (very thin) fabric that I didn't think would be good for a quilt...and some other pink cottons.

Helen suggested placemats...so I cut the quilted fabric and the tone on tone pink to approx 13 x 18, pinned them together and using a pale pink thread, sewed along some of the quilting lines.  (Interestingly the manufactured quilting is not very straight!).  Then I flipped them over and with a reel of variegated pink & green thread left over from an old quilt, I used a few of the decorative stitches on my machine to stitch over the lines I had done.

So far (Saturday night)  I have added binding to two of them (some left over that Helen had) and I still have some more patterned pink to use on the rest of them.

These will be donated to Meals on Wheels when I have them finished.

This shows the pre quilted fabric - quite pretty


and the decorative stitches I used.


Hope everyone was able to be a bit productive - or at least were able to do something they enjoyed.

Thanks Cheryll for hosting...it encourages me to sew & post on my blog.
A goal for 2023 is to improve my blog posts and blog reading.


12 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

A great way to recycle that pre-quilted fabric.

loulee said...

A great way to use the pre quilted fabric. A lovely donation too.

Jeanette said...

A great idea to use up the quilted fabric in this way. I have some hanging around here that i might borrow the idea for .:)

kiwikid said...

Wonderful use for the donated fabric.

Fiona said...

great use of that fabric.... 7 bags will make a bunch of quilts...
Hugz

Cheryll said...

That's a wonderful use of the donated fabric. Well done.
Always a pleasure having you over for FNwF...xox

Janice said...

That was a great use of a difficult fabric.

Lin said...

Nice to make use of that pink fabric - and play with your fancy stitches. xx

Jeanna said...

Great way to use the pre-quilted fabric. These are nice placemats.

I'm with you, I'm trying to be a better blogger and blog friend. So much creativity and inspiration out there.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Congrats on making something useful out of difficult fabric xx

jude's page said...

A great idea to use up the prequilted remnants

Chookyblue...... said...

you always find something great to do with things........well done.........I must use my decorative stitches more......