Monday, February 20, 2023

FNSI - February -> Sewing Weekend

As our hostess Wendy was in town, along with Shez, (aka Sheryl Scholte), I organised a morning tea/lunch for those in Brisbane who know them.
Mostly, this was the Sunday Stitchers group - but some other friends of Wendy's were there - Ann & Pami.  And we were very lucky that Marilyn was able to bring Fiona down from the mountain!
So, it was quite a crowd - chatting, laughing & eating!


Friday Night for the official FNSI - I did some crochet and ended up finishing this block.



Then I sewed the binding onto his quilt...more on that in a future post.


Saturday I joined Chooky for a Zoom meeting for a few hours and started the hand-sewing part of the binding.

Sunday was our Sunday Stitchers meeting, so more sewing, chatting, laughing & eating - again with Wendy & Shez.  It's so good that their trip here coincided with Sunday Stitchers.

A busy weekend sewing wise...but a lot of fun to welcome two friends to Brisbane.






12 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Thankyou Susan for the wonderful time I had ,it was so good to see you and friends and get hugs,I felt very loved and I had a ball ,best time ever ,love my beautiful friends and owe much to Michelle and you for making this trip so memorable,big hugs my friend 🌹🤍🌹

Fiona said...

You have had a busy week and weekend with sewing related friends....
Hugz

Cheryll said...

So good to see everyone together once again...
I can only imagine the laughter & love...xox

Lin said...

What a lovely fun weekend you had - so nice to catch up with everyone. xx

Maria said...

A wonderful weekend spent with friends nd some stitching.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful weekend, great to catch up with everyone.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

What a fun group! I love your crochet block with the 2 shades of purple. I am desperately trying to mosaic crochet...I get the stitches but I seem to mess up the counting but I'll keep trying. I just finished binding a quilt too. Yours looks so cheerful!

Karen's Korner said...

What a great weekend....fun, friends and stitching.

Janice said...

How good that so many of you were able to gather together. It looks like you were having a fabulous time. It was nice to see you at Zoom as well.

jude's page said...

Good to catch you on zoom, lovely that you had catchup lunch with friends

Michelle Ridgway said...

It was a wonderful week...so thank you Susan. I had such a good time I forgot FNSI lol!

Chookyblue...... said...

wonderful to get to catch up.......